Friday, 29 April 2016

Welcome to Gustamps customers

Have you visited Gustamps recently? Gustamps have been helping stamp collectors for over 45 years and are always eager to hear your helpful views and comments about Gustamps. Please write your review here. Thank you.

70 comments:

  1. We passed gustamps during the bank holiday weekend and saw the star wars stamps in the window. We went inside and were happy to find that there were many niche stamps like this (star trek, pokemon etc) as well as more regular collectible stamps and current day postage stamps. We found the prices to be very good, and the owner was very kind and helpful.

    I am very happy with my collection of star wars stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top class shop in Brighton for all your stamp and FDC collecting requirements. Always worth a visit if you are in town. Gus's wide range of knowledge and experience is worth listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stamp shop in Brighton.
    Very friendly, helpful and knoledgeable.
    Good stock of worldwide stamps.
    Well worth a visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about all the Philately, but Gus certainly sells cheap first-class stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very excellent stamps shop!Here you can find all the stamps you need !The shopkeeper is very helpful and very kind .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little shop worth a vist

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife and I visited this shop last weekend. Excellent service with a smile and lots of really good advice. We bought some really nice stamps and were very pleased with our purchases. Thanks very much Gus. *****

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent service. Well worth the visit. Really large selection and helpful advice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We visited last weekend and were delighted with our purchases and with the welcome and friendly advice we received.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely collection of old and new stamps, Gus is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. You can buy first class stamps here for a much cheaper price than the post office, and if you like Gus will let you choose the stamps so you can get some really nice designs! Visiting is always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We passed this stamp shop in Brighton so we went in. The owner Gus had some very interesting tells to tell. A Must for any stamp collector. Bank holiday visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great place to buy first class stamps! And it's hard not get interested in collecting again once you've spoken to the owner, so friendly and chatty. Well worth a visit to this gem of a shop in Brighton.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Friendly, excellent service. Cheap stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent stamp shop in Brighton.
    Very friend and helpful. It also collects Qing Dynastys stamps, which is amazing!
    Well worth a visit

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's definitely the perfect place for stamp collectors. And I really enjoy my collection of train stamps. Highly recommedated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This shop is amazing I like the fact that you can choose the stamps and there is such a variety. I chose story books and the Beatles( George's marvelous medicine, Alice in Wonderland etc). I asked Gus if he had any stamps with cricket on he didn't have the stamps but he gave me a couple of cricket first day covers - very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shop and super friendly owner. I use it for my postage stamp purchases for regular use and it's great value.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I dont want this secret to get out! I want this trader all to myself ... I have bought over 1000 stamps from Gus over the past year - every time my daughter goes down to Brighton I fill her account with money and send her to buy stamps for me! The variety is wide - the service is excellent - the price is right! I send my customers mail - First class - with one of Gus's interesting stamp stuck on ... It makes them look twice and DOES get me more business! Go Gus!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Friendly and helpful in saving me a lot of money for a bulk first class mailing. And quicker than the Post Office!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Most patient and knowledgeable person I have met in the business, he has helped me and friends to build good collections, no visit to Brighton is complete without a visit to his shop

    ReplyDelete
  21. Helpful, friendly & very knowledgeable about all types of stamps for collecting

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cannot recommend Gus' shop highly enough. My daughter lives in Brighton and buys my stamps in there for me, but I've also visited a couple of times myself and have to say Gus is a really helpful, friendly, charismatic chap. Thanks very much - and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We found this little shop and popped in for a browse as I have a collection and wanted some advice. Gustamps is an amazing little place and the lovely man draws you in with his enthusiasm. He is extremely knowledgeable and explains history to some of the stamps very clearly. We bought some stamps there cheaper than the post office and they are great fun with many lovely themes to them. I will definitely be going back to ask him to review my collection. Infact I plan on taking a special trip just for that. Highly recommended

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Gus, what a good memory you have as the last time i purchased stamps was about 6 months ago. Anyway, this is a really good place to get your 1st class stamps at really cheap price. I was even offered a special deal so mega cheap stamps. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  25. Louise Lewis-Dowell1 June 2016 at 08:36

    Just had great service from Gustamps, interesting shop and saved money on 1st class stamps and it was nice to choose some interesting stamps to go on my birthday cards. Will now be my regular place to buy stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I arranged to have a valuation/appraisal on a selection of stamps. He was not interested in buying them but gave me so much more information on what to do with them. Proper customer service. Would highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I arranged to have a valuation/appraisal on a selection of stamps. He was not interested in buying them but gave me so much more information on what to do with them. Proper customer service. Would highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A real gem of a shop and top class value. Owner is just fab and so friendly and kind - a real gentleman. Thank you for a wonderful experience on Saturday. My children will love the Olympic stamps in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice stamp shop 5 or even 6 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very good shop 5 or even 6 stars

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gus is very happy and generous, the prices are great, AND his collection is huge! So many fun 1st class stamps, why would you buy normal ones anymore? I'm coming here every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. We were on our way to the post office when we came across this lovely little shop. We got stamps even cheaper and it where proper stamps and not the self sticking. Such nice people and a really lovely little shop.

    ReplyDelete
  33. We passed Gustamps on our way round Brighton. My parents and I recalled going in there some years ago and were very happpy with the helpful and friendly service we received. It's well-worth a visit if you're ever in Brighton!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a friendly and informative chap AND cheap stamps. If you are visiting Brighton and you have an interest in stamps or need to buy some cheap stamps to send post cards home then Gustamps is the place to go

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful shop, crammed full of just about everything you could need. Amazing how he knew where everything was. Excellent advice regarding collecting and investing. 5*

    ReplyDelete
  36. A lovely little shop in the lanes, I always pop in there to get my stamps, a lot cheaper than post offices and they are so beautiful and unique... can't recommend this place enough

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very friendly - we went in and he inspired our 7 year old to start collecting. A treasure trove of a stamp shop.
    Nick, St Albans

    ReplyDelete
  38. Took time to talk about stamp collecting to our 7 year old and inspired her. Very friendly and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  39. A really nice shop with an exceedingly friendly & knowledgeable owner. Gus is such a nice person, he told me the back story on a lot of stamps and it was truly fascinating. I don't know much about stamp collecting, but Gus sparked an interest in me about it. I came away with some very interesting stamps and I aim to go back in the near future to get him to examine some stamps I was given in the past. Top marks for this place!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Delightful shop with friendly charming ownner. Amazing stock and a treat to browse through. I usually go to stock up on 1st class stamps for the fantastic price and end up buying some to keep and collect... some too lovely to send. Genuinely visiting this store has encouraged me to write more to family & friends, who doesn't like receiving real mail! Brilliant. Look forward to my next visit and delving into the stamp tubs of joy! Thanks Gus. Kind Regards Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great shop, really helpful, happily went home with republican spanish stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gus is the most superbly helpful, kind, well-informed source of advice for people buying or interested in stamps. 5* in all respects. Many Thanks. Andy Batkin

    ReplyDelete
  43. Customer care was outstanding and very helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fab shop and great, knowledgeable owner. Really helpful with selling collectable stamps and wrote me a description of the ones he didn't buy so I could eBay them. He even helped my little boy start his stamp collection by showing him ones with trains and cars on!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a wonderfully friendly, helpful genuine person only went in to look around , spent probably the most interesting half an hour of my life in a shop. Many thanks and many thanks for the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  46. If you have never visited Gustamps give it a try even if you do not collect stamps. I am sure you will not be disappointed. I love going there and meeting a real gentleman and purchasing 1st stamps at only 45p each. I buy some each time I visit and am saving some for my Christmas Cards. Pop in any time you will be amazed

    ReplyDelete
  47. 2nd visit to stock up on bargain 1st class stamps. Friendly service and a very generous deal! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  48. On our first trip from Scotland to Brighton for 10 years, we stumbled upon ‘Gustamps’. What a delight. Even if, like us, you know little about stamps, it’s a must-see visit. Gus was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. Whatever your interests in life – and whatever your age – he’ll have something for you. Fur us? A small album and beautiful stamps for our young grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great shop with a very nice owner! Also, his stamps are cheaper than the Post Office's.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great little gem of a shop, where you can save money on regular stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Amazing little shop. Beautiful stamps at extremely low prices. Wonderful customer service; mention an interest and the owner will endeavor to find relevant stamps for you- well worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great shop. Lots of excellent first day covers at very reasonable prices and a great place to get discounted stamps for your Christmas cards and letters. Worth a visit if in Brighton.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Having found Gustamps on the internet for a free valuation on a small collection of stamps and coins left to me by my grandfather I had a wonderful experience with Mr Gustamps who could not have been kinder or more patient. As well as purchasing some of the coins from me he spent a considerable amount of time advising me on how to dispose of my stamps and first day covers on eBay and on how and where to get further information about my remaining coins. The slightly Dickensian shop in The Lanes must be a delight to serious philatelists and his customer service is second to none. I left the shop with a very, very warm feeling in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Friendly knowledgeable chap with cheaper interesting stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Friendly knowledgeable owner and cheaper interesting stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  56. We recently found this hidden gem opposite The Quaker Meeting House in the South Lanes. Gus was so helpful. We have been back for a second visit to buy cheap 2nd class stamps for our Christmas cards. We will be buying all our stamps there in future,

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great little treasure trove of stamps. Huge selection excellent value. Friendly owner.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great little shop in the centre of Brighton. A measure trove of stamps and an informative and helpful owner, Gus. Always pop in to buy 1st and 2nd class stamps for all myself and all my family as they are massively reduced.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I came in to get my Poppa some stamps as he was a previous stamp collector. I was provided with an excellent friendly and incredibly interesting service. Each stamp I was shown i learnt the back story behind it, all incredibly interesting. Also great deals on Royal Mail stamps, heaps of fantastic artwork on the stamps for much cheaper! Get on down there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  60. I visited Gustamps today with a stamp collection inherited through my family. I have to say the service I received I was impeccable, with considered advice and a friendly demeanour.
    Definitely recommended for any stamp queries. You can even get current stamps for posting at a lower cost than through the Post Office!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I didn't know shops like this still existed......quirky, local and great value for money by comparison to all of its rivals. This is the place to get your stamps if you plan on buying more than one or two. You can choose your own and the store owner is extremely kind and generous. Go and find this place and make use of it!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Word of mouth led me to this shop. I am very glad as I've been saving money ever since! The owner has encyclopaedic knowledge and is very helpful. Recommended - spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  63. 5 Stars. found Gustamps in Brighton, the service was excellent, very knowledgeable staff, very helpful. A great experience!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Always a pleasure to visit this shop and be served by a very polite and helpful gentleman.Give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  65. Always love visiting this little shop. Such a friendly and helpful owner. Beats post shop prices and queues any day! Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  66. A real Brighton Belle..... a must visit whenever I am in Brighton...

    ReplyDelete
  67. This is an Aladdin's cave for stamp collectors, but will also save anyone who still sticks stamps on letters plenty of money. Seek it out in The Lanes for excellent friendly service.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Great shop, love popping in here. Very helpful owner.

    ReplyDelete
  69. The stamps is very good he got all sorts of stamps which what I like and the shop is good and nice and helpful.I travel all the way from London to get my stamps there
    Vic

    ReplyDelete

Please write your review here. Thank you.